Friday, February 27, 2009
The first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me!
My choice. For you.
This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:
1 - I make no guarantees that you will like what I make!
2 - What I create will be just for you.
3 - It'll be done this year (might take a little while).
4 - You have no clue what it's going to be. It may be a story. It may be poetry or an article. I may crochet or quilt something. I may bake you something and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you, that's for sure!
5 - I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.
Oh, the catch is that you must repost this on your blog and offer the same to the first 5 people who do the same.
The first 5 people to do so and leave a comment telling me they did win a FAB-U-LOUS homemade gift by me!
Oh, and be sure to post a picture of what you win when you get it!
Monday, February 23, 2009
I wanted to share a picture with you of the new and improved TJ!
He took an eye test at school and they sent a paper home to me telling me that I should probably take him to the doctor. So, we finally did, and he now has to wear them all the time. His world is so different now! He looks great in them, don't you think? My oldest wears glasses as well and got them in 3rd grade. TJ is in 2nd! They keep getting younger and younger!!
Monday, February 16, 2009
This year we went out to my sister's house to celebrate Valentine's Day...as a family. My sister made Tortilla soup and cornbread and we brought sugar cookies for the kids to decorate and strawberry shortcake. Jamie had the whole table decorated super cute...made raspberry lemonade...because it was pink and had apple cranberry cider because it was red. She had cute little heart shaped bowls for the kids to use. It was a fun night of just visiting and hanging out. Ryan spoiled me earlier with a sweet note and a book with reasons why he loves me. It was so sweet! He also bought me some chocolate and green M&M's...hmmm....I wonder what he meant by that!!! It was really a nice Valentine's Day!!
The kids are decorating their sugar cookies here.
Here we are in all our pregnancy glory!!! My sister is 6 weeks ahead of me. She's having another girl!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
1. The theme of my kitchen is Strawberries, but red is one of my least favorite colors...go figure!
2. The theme of my wedding was Cinderella. When Ryan proposed to me, he read the part in the Cinderella story where only 1 person could fit the slipper. My engagement ring was in a glass slipper! Our wedding invites has the Cinderella carriage on them and we had Ryan's aunt draw 2 big pictures of Cinderella and Prince Charming. So wonderful!
3. My favorite color is purple...always has been!
4. I LOVE birthdays! I especially love my own. Ya, I know, I'm like a kid. I make sure to tell my kids and my hubby all day Happy Birthday on their special day. It's my one day!! :-) I love the phone calls from family and cards...just plain ol' fun...just for me!!
5. I can sew. I sewed my two prom dresses as well as my wedding dress. I have also made bridesmaids dresses for most of our siblings weddings and made my sister-in-law's wedding dress. I don't pull my machine out as often as I'd like to.
6. My favorite flower is a carnation. Forget the roses. The only time I get a rose is on Valentine's day, but I don't really care. I have enjoyed Gerber Daisies lately. My hubby loves to get me flowers and I love to receive them!!
7. I like to sing. I loved being in choir in High School. I lived for the Pop Concerts (the singing and dancing show at the end of the year). I was one of the stars my Senior year (Oh Luther!!!).
8. I have written and directed 2 road shows and a few Girl's Camp skits and many Primary Programs. They come very easy to me.
9. I took a hip hop dance class a couple years ago through the city. It was a lot of fun! The only bad part was that no one showed up for the adult class, so my friend Amy and I took it with kids. Once we got over the fact that we were the oldest group in the bunch, we had a great time!
10. I had a miscarriage between my first and second children. Not a fun experience.
11. I had to kiss a lot of toads before I found my handsome prince...my brother-in-law Scotty said this at our wedding. It's true...I did date a lot of guys. But, I had to make sure I found the right guy right?! I had fun though!!
12. I am the oldest of 5 kids.
13. 16 of my friends on Facebook I either dated or had a crush on. LOL!!
14. I started wearing glasses when I was in the 10th grade, but haven't had to wear them all the time until after I started having kids.
15. I have stayed in touch with friends from Elementary school, Jr. High and High School (thank you Facebook!).
16. I am pregnant with my 5th child.
17. I always wanted to have redhead kids. So far, 2 of the 5 are redheads. This one inside me sure bounces around like he's a feisty redhead!!
18. I can type without looking at the keyboard and I can type pretty fast.
19. I love to wear sandals and I love to buy sandals.
20. I absolutely LOVE Wicked! I have seen it twice and would have loved to see it a million more times! I listen to the music all the time!
21. I have been to quite a few concerts...my first one being Tiffany with my mom and sister!! I have seen Faith Hill twice (once with Tim McGraw), Toby Keith, Garth Brooks, Clay Aiken & Kelly Clarkson.
22. I love Twilight! I am not a reader and it has taken me a while to keep up with these books, but the first one has been my favorite one so far and I loved the movie!
23. I love to scrapbook and make cards. I wish I could make more time for it. I started stamping cards many years ago because it just got too expensive to keep buying cards for everyone for everything!!
24. I love to play board games. I love hosting game nights as well (wanna come over?!). I love getting to know people by the games we play.
25. Oh my goodness...I finally made it!! Let's make this one a good one...I can touch my nose with my tongue!! How's that for talent?!? :-) Thanks for reading!!
If you haven't done this already and you feel the urge...go for it!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Here are my answers:
1. What is your first name? You know!! Some of the pictures were a little...ummm...non-appropriate for my blog...so you get some blond chick!!
2. What is your favorite food? Teriyaki Chicken
3. What school did you go to? Bolsa Grande (which means...big purse!)
4. What is your favorite color? Purple
5. Who is your celebrity crush? Patrick Dempsey...sigh!
6. Favorite drink? Freckled Lemonade...so yummy!!
7. Dream vacation? Hawaii
8. Favorite dessert? Strawberry Shortcake (I had it for my birthday and I had forgotten how delicious it was!!)
9. What did you want to be when you grew up? A Stewardess (I don't think they even call them that anymore!)
10. What do you love most in life? Family
11. One word to describe you? Caring
12. Your nickname? Mel (I guess it's a very common name for dogs because there were tons of dog pictures...cute dogs, of course!!)
Here are the instructions if you want to try it yourself:
step 1: go to flickr.com
step 2: in another window open http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php
step 3: choose 4 columns, 3 rows
step 4: answer the following questions in the search bar of flicker. pick your favorite one on the first page and paste it into your mosaic
- 1. What is your first name?
- 2. What is your favorite food?
- 3. What school did you go to?
- 4. What is your favorite color?
- 5. Who is your celebrity crush?
- 6. Favorite drink?
- 7. Dream vacation?
- 8. Favorite dessert?
- 9. What you want to be when you grow up?
- 10. What do you love most in life?
- 11. One word to describe you.
- 12. Your nickname.