My friend played this game on her blog. She was given a letter and had to come up with 10 Favorite Things that start with that letter. She assigned me S! So if you want to play, leave me a comment and I will assign you a letter!
1. Sisters - I love my sisters!! Biological and unbiological (is that a word??). It's true...some of you that have known me a long time probably think that you would never hear this out of my mouth. We didn't get along when we were younger. But, we are the best of friends now! I love my sister-in-laws as well. I have some great ones!! It's fun to have girls around. And, for my unbiological sisters...you are the best!!! I have great friends!
2. Scrapbooking - one of my loves that have been put on the back-burner for a while. I can also include stamping in this category. I use stamps for my scrapbooking pages. I really enjoyed making a High School book (and hey...the person that assigned me this letter is in the book!) and a Beauty and the Beast one. My favorite one that I have done is probably of all the weddings of all our siblings! (another "s" word!)
3. Singing - I love to sing. I don't do it as often as I would like, but nonetheless, I love it. I sang in high school and had the best time! I still sing to my little one to put her to sleep. I love to sing to the radio and in choirs. I also love the "singing" on American Idol...probably my favorite show!!
4. Strawberries - If you know me, you know that I LOVE strawberries!! Not only eating them. My kitchen is decorated with strawberries. And, it looks super cute, if I do say so myself!!
5. Stephen Schwartz - this is the only way that I could include "Wicked" in this list! He wrote the music and lyrics to this AMAZING musical. My favorite one, by far. I have been fortunate to see it twice and it amazed me both times!
6. Salt shaker - this is my way of including my experience in participating in the play "Beauty and the Beast". Seriously, this was the best time of my life! It was so much fun! We are doing another play (Wizard of Oz) and I am so bummed to not be participating. I will be about 8 1/2 months pregnant during the performance. Not fun. I will just have to go and watch. :-(
7. Surprises - I love to be surprised! My husband does a good job of that. Birthday surprises are good (hey...I have a birthday coming up!!) and anytime surprises. Ryan loves to bring me flowers...just because. He has always done that. He is my sweetheart!
8. Sandals - I love to wear sandals and I love to buy new sandals! Not the basic flip flops. Cute sandals!
9. Shopping - I'm a girl!! Of course shopping would be on my list!! I like to go when I don't have any kids with me. I can take my time. And, even if I'm not buying anything, it's still fun to just look and see what is around.
10. Service - Random acts of service have been such a blessing in our lives. We love to help people out whenever we can...have them over for dinner or drop off goodies at someone's house. It's liking the saying goes, "It's better to give than to receive".
8 months ago