Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sad News

We had a really rough day on Saturday. Ryan's dad passed away. It has been really hard on the family, of course. We are thankful that we could all be together to be one another's strengths. People have been so kind an generous with all of their thoughts and phone calls and dinners for my mother-in-law. It is so nice. We have also received some caring phone calls and offers to help out with whatever we need. It's amazing to see all of the generosity from friends and family during our time of need. We are having a funeral for him on Thursday. It is going to be a busy couple of days until then. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. How blessed we are to know that we are an eternal family. We love you Grandpa Ray!!!!

(This is a picture of Ryan's parents and all 6 kids)

We had the funeral on Thursday. It was really wonderful. I know that he was looking down on us with a big grin on his face. He should be so proud!! We truly honored the great man that he was.

7 comments:

Tiffany J said...

We were sorry to hear about your lose. We have you in our prayers. The best thing is knowing his spirit is free from the body which slowed him. We know he is happy and hope your mother-n-law finds the comfort she needs. Let us know more about the funeral and if you would like us to attend.

K.L. said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. We lost my Grandpa Jex last year and it was one of the hardest things to hit the family. But other family and friends were so loving and supportive, it made everything a little easier. It's times like these that you find out who your true frinds are. I hope that your family can find peace soon. God bless.

The Greathouse Family said...

I just heard the news yesterday. I don't know what to say. I can't imagine what you guys are going through right now. I'm so sorry. I'd really like to go to the funeral. Our prayers are with your family.

Scott and Christie said...

Hey Melanie,
I hope you guys are doing okay! We have already said if the family needs anything we can be there helping. My grandma(who raised me) passed away the day after my wedding so I can understand how hard it is. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

P.S. The place I got my design for my blog is shabbyprincess.com

Anonymous said...

families are forever and you will all be together again some day. he is in a better place. and is in the love and comfort of the father.

Tiffany J said...

The funeral was one of the best I've been too. You guys all seemed a little more relaxed and should be proud of all your hard work. It was beautiful. I loved the slide show...very moving. Especially to hear President Hinckley whom we also recently lost. I bet Ray is just up in heaven pleased as punch. It must be SO nice to be out of the ailing body.

karen said...

hi !! i just heard about ray.. oh i'm so sorry about the sad news.. what happened ?? i hope you guys will be ok.. he was a nice man.. tell marianne that i'm so sorry about the loss and that you guys are in my prayers ( i don't have her e-mal address)