Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My sweet baby boy!







He's here! My sweet little boy is here! And I couldn't be happier!

WARNING: This paragraph is going to tell the labor and delivery story. It's not graphic, but if you don't want to read it, you have been warned! I started having contractions at 3:07 a.m. on Tuesday morning. The were about 10 minutes apart (sometimes 12, sometimes 8) for a whole hour. So, not wanting to go through what I did with the last baby (in the hospital for less than an hour before she was born), we left for the hospital. I was dilated to 6...not too shabby. I got hooked up to the IV, and then got the blessed epidural. Ahhh....so nice! Instead of my contractions being a 10, they were a 5 (on a scale from 1-10). It was wonderful!! I progressed from a 6 to an 8 and then 9 pretty quick. The doctor came in a broke my water around 8:30 a.m. (it was bulging and hadn't popped on it's own yet). Then close to 9 o'clock, I told Ryan to go get the doctor because I felt like I needed to push. Sure enough...I was a 10! The doctor told me to go ahead and push on the next contraction. I did and out came his head! Second push and he was out!! So wonderful!

We named him Derek Ray (Ray was Ryan's dad's name...appropriate, I think!). He weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce, and was 19 1/2 inches long. He was born at 9:04 a.m. on Tuesday, May 19th. He's a redhead! He is so cute and sweet! He looks a lot like Ryan. He is such a good baby! I love him to pieces already! He is a week old today and I can't believe it.

I am so happy to have him out and in our lives. He truly is a blessing. The kids love him and always want to hold him...it's cute! Enjoy the pictures of my sweet little guy!

11 comments:

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

CONGRATS Melanie! He is too cute! Makes me miss having a little one around.......kinda! I don'tmiss the middle of the night stuff. This momma needs her sleep!

Kyla Armstrong said...

What a sweetie! Congrats.

The Greathouse Family said...

He is so beautiful!! I love his chubby cheeks! Very handsome boy!

LeeElle said...

Finally pictures! He is so precious. Congrats Bremers. Yay for babies!

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh, so fun for you!

Carina said...

He's adorable! Congratulations once again...you definitely deserve it =)

Unknown said...

Congratulations. It sounds like everything went perfect. That is great news. I hope you are getting some rest.

Merci said...

Congrats! He is so cute. We have to get our boys together to play (well, when they are a little older).

Liesl said...

Yes, a sweet baby indeed. I'm looking forward to meeting him.

Unknown said...

He is SOOOOO cute. I'm glad that he is finally here. I think he looks like you actually. I can't wait to see him. Love and miss you guys.

Full House said...

Cute little bug a boo. Look @ the picture of all of your kids, so cute. Now we are twinners with 3 boys and 2 girls.

Hope all is well!